Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chat with a Sales Rep to Recieve 20% Off - FAIL

I was looking for a web hoster ans when I attempted to check their payment plane, I was attacked with a pop-up asking me to login or to register, so I just packed out. Then I was again hit with "are you sure you want to leave? and then was given the opportunity to chat with a "sales assistant" and recieve 20% off any year payment plan. Here's the chat log:

Connecting to Agent...

You have been connected to Amber

Amber Says:Hey Wait! We would hate to see you go without seeing what's made us an Award Winning Host. So just this once we would like to offer you a special 20% discount. To take advantage of this one-time offer just CLICK HERE

Amber Says:When you are ready just say 'Hi' and we can get started....

You:Hi. I mainly want to see the payment plans without having to create an account

Amber Says:It's 20% off your order for ANY hosting plan with 1 or 2 year billing period! CLICK HERE

You:is there a montly pay plan for the Basic package?

Amber Says:Sorry i didn't quite understand your question, can you rephrase it please..?

You:for the Basic plan, is there a monlthy payment plan?

Amber Says:We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and discover card.

Amber Says:So if you want to sign up with the 20% Discount offer, just CLICK HERE

You:that's not what I am asking

Amber Says:You can only receive this huge discount through me today, if you wish to claim your 20% Discount, simply CLICK HERE.

You:this is an automated "help" chat, no?

Amber Says:Remember this 20% Discount is only available today through this chat... We give you a 30-day money back guarantee too, so if you are not happy with our service for any reason, we will happily give you a full refund.

Amber Says:So this is risk-free hosting, with award winning hosts and for a hugely discounted price! So what have you got to lose? Just CLICK HERE to receive your Discount!

You:seriously? great! But you still haven't answered my question

Amber Says:I will do my very best to assist you with any query you might have.

You:is there a monthly payment plan?

Amber Says:We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and discover card.

Amber Says:So if you want to sign up with the 20% Discount offer, just CLICK HERE

You:I don't want the DAMN 20% off, just answer the frigging question!

Amber Says:Sorry, what was your question again?

You:You're an idiot

Amber Says:OK, I'm going now. If you change your mind CLICK HERE


To say the least I was just straight-out annoyed. I rank customer service pretty high in business, this wasn't a good choice in my opinion. I am not wasting my time trying to fight thier website. iX Web Hosting - not recommended.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your plight, but itdefinitely made me laugh. I would have been as upset as you were.

    ReplyDelete